This Ahrens-Fox was received by the town of Hingham on June 13, 1935 at a cost $12,000 (less 3% for cash). It took sixty working days to build. It was retired and left town in October 1961. The truck was acquired by the Bare Cove Fire Museum in January 1980. It took the members five years to restore at a cost of $28,000. * Photo Credit Doug Boudrow
Ladder 1 was Hingham's first motorized ladder truck. It was built by Maxim motors of Middleboro, Massachusetts. Model C H L was delivered to the town of Hingham on June 17, 1922 at a cost of $7,200.00. This truck was acquired by the Bare Cove Fire Museum in 1974 and was restored in 48 months. *Photo Credit Doug Boudrow
Maxim Motors built this sister pumper to Ladder 1, Engine 4. This truck was delivered to the town ofHingham on June 6, 1924. The cost was $3,200. The truck was acquired by the Bare Cove Fire Museum in 1978 and
was restored in three months. *Photo Credit Doug Boudrow
1939 Seagrave more history to follow.
Hingham’s Dodge/Maxim 1937 Forest Wagon is currently under partial restoration at the museum. The nickname, the “Bunny Wagon,” is a matter of some dispute. But some say it's because the truck was small and could “hop” over rough ground to fight the numerous brush, woods, and grass field fires.
Just a little over a half a century ago John Ryder, a retired machinist, built a miniature hand engine and presented it to the boys of Hingham. A company was formed which was uniformed with red shirts and all the rest, and they were known as 'Deluge Engine Co. No. 5'." *Hingham Journal